Friday, August 1, 2014

French Savonnerie Rug in 1/12th scale - Work in Progress


The medallion for a Dollhouse Miniature Savonnerie rug in 1/12th scale is finished!
Just a small reminder: 40 count silk gauze, DMC floss, size of the finished rug will be 11" x 13".


Next step will be establishing the border. It is one huge border! I am charting the rug along as I need to stitch.


Probably it will take a couple of months just to finish this border. Sigh!

See you later!

Happy weekend!
Natalia

6 comments:

Sanschichis said...

Le médaillon est superbe, j'ai hâte de voir la bordure.
Bon courage!
Nathalie

Catherine said...

It is beautiful!

Wow that is a big carpet!

I am continually shocked how long it takes to me to stitch a square inch on my carpet project. I hope I get better at it.

BiWuBär said...

I really wonder - if it takes YOU already several months... how long would it take me? Hmmmm... maybe forever plus one week... *LOL* The medaillon looks awesome!

Hugs
Birgit

12Create said...

It is looking stunning. This is going to be such a beautiful rug. I love the colours.

elizabeth s said...

Hello Natalia! The central medallion has such beautiful visual appeal. You do incredible needlework and with such great speed, that I think that you will have this rug finished in no time!

elizabeth

maribel said...

Se ve un medallón perfecto. Me encanta.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...